Seattle & Eastside Birthing Again classes
Having another baby? Birthin’ Again childbirth classes are for parents who have previously birthed and want to refresh their skills and tools. Time will be spent connecting with partners and the new baby, as well as processing previous births, if needed. This class will also help parents to prepare siblings for the arrival of their new family member.
Couples will leave class will a toolbox full of pain-coping practices, comfort measures and new ways of looking at their journey through labor, birth and parenting.Birthing Again group classes are typically 8 hours long.
Investment is $150 per couple.
Birthin’ Again classes include:
- understanding stages of labor and how labor works
- learning effective pain-coping mindset, practices, positions and comfort measures
- creative learning tools such as role plays, educational games, and birth art
- using sound as a labor tool
- informed decision making regarding medical support
- coping and communication skills for unwished for events such as Cesarean birth
- sibling preparation
- pain medication options, pros and cons
- confidence building and personal reflection and exploration
- preparation for life with a new baby, including newborn care and breastfeeding
- working together as partners during labor, birth and parenting
- and much more! Each class is tailored to your unique needs.
Need a private prenatal class?
I know it can be hard to arrange for childcare to attend a prenatal class the 2nd or 3rd time around! If the group classes above don’t work for you we can schedule a private prenatal class in your home after your little one is asleep or for when you can arrange childcare. Private sessions usually take place in your home and consist of two, 3 hour sessions. The curriculum is influenced by your needs and requests. The cost for the entire private session is $295. A discount is given to birth doula clients. Contact me to schedule your private prenatal class in your Seattle/Eastside area home.
“(The class) challenged me to deal with some of my internal concerns and find more strength within myself.”- Amber, Mother of two